Meet The Team: Matt Clement
As you may have seen in last week’s post, we have a new member on our team. We’re excited that Matt decided to join PacGenesis and can't wait to see how he helps to shape our company direction.
Since Matt's new to the Business Partner world, we thought it would be fun to do a 60 second "get to know you" interview. I hope you enjoy reading Matt's answers as much as I enjoyed asking the questions!
And so, without further ado… I’m excited to introduce you to, Senior Consultant, Matt Clement!
Why did you decide to join PacGenesis?
- I was looking for an opportunity to get closer to the end-user. In larger corporations, it can be tough to make a difference and have a big impact. I wanted the chance to learn new things, have access to new technologies and contribute to a company in a more meaningful way.
What are you most looking forward to in your new role?
- I’m looking forward to seeing how customers use the products I helped develop at IBM and being part of a problem-solving team helping to drive innovation.
What inspired you to become a software developer?
- Even at a young age, I always enjoyed solving problems and being mentally challenged. With software development, there’s always a problem to be solved.
You recently relocated to Austin, TX. How do you like your new city?
- Even though I’ve only been here a couple months, it feels like forever and I can’t imagine living anywhere else. It's a good fit. I’m enjoying the city, the culture, the people… it’s pretty amazing.
What's your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
- I’m still exploring my new city so I enjoy cycling, road trips, trying new restaurants, experiencing new things, and spending time outdoors.
Andorid or iPhone?
- Bells Two-Hearted Ale... too bad it’s not distributed in Texas!
Favorite Austin bar: